Welcome to the Joshua L. Anderson Memorial Foundation
The Joshua L Anderson Memorial Foundation was founded September 1, 1992. Its purpose is to help provide scholarships to Northern Nevada high school baseball and softball players who desire a college education.
Latest News – 2023
Joshua L. Anderson Memorial Foundation awards $70,000 in College Scholarships to 14 Northern Nevada high school athletes.
2023 Scholarship Recipients… $5,000 each
- Lydia Bergman – Churchill High School
- Daniel Elliott – Douglas High School
- Leanna Grahmann – Dayton High School
- Boston Horning – Reed High School
- Tannis Jackin – Reno High School
- Skyler Markert – Virginia City High School
- Kai Mcmurtry – Galena High School
- Caleb Morgan – Carson High School
- Dylan Rogers – Damonte Ranch High School
- Callan Scolari – Bishop Manogue High School
- Zoe Smith – Eureka County High School
- Sarah Thran – Smith Valley High School
Larry Menante Memorial Scholarship Recipient – $5,000
Megan Cook – Lowry High School
Dan Rechenmacher Memorial Scholarship Recipient – $5,000
Mariah Smith – Carlin High School
“Thank you” to the hundreds of people who continue to support Josh’s Memorial Foundation. With the continued support, the Foundation has awarded $1,165,500 in scholarships to 365 Northern Nevada high school students over the last 31 years. Scholarships have been awarded to students from thirty-four (34) different high schools.
2024 Scholarship applications are due by April 5, 2024.
Click here for complete scholarship details.
The Foundation will continue to award the DAN RECHENMACHER MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP ($5,000) that will go to the student who has overcome great odds to enter college and the LARRY MENANTE MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP ($5,000) that puts emphasis on “financial need”.