Welcome to the Joshua L. Anderson Memorial Foundation
The Joshua L Anderson Memorial Foundation was founded September 1, 1992. Its purpose is to help provide scholarships to Northern Nevada high school baseball and softball players who desire a college education.
Latest News – 2018
Joshua L. Anderson Memorial Foundation awards $45,000 in College Scholarships to 12 Northern Nevada high school athletes.
2018 Scholarship Recipients… $3,500 each
- Nicholaus Buchholz – Whittell High School
- Yoni Covarrubias – Smith Valley High School
- Austin Crofoot – Galena High School
- Rachel Dane – Yerington High School
- Sean Dunkelman – Douglas High School
- Zachary Jensen – Damonte High School
- Joshua Kirk – Fernley High School
- Riley Smith – Reno High School
- Samantha Shamblin – Wells High School
- Shelby Zucco – Reno High School
Larry Menante Memorial Scholarship Recipient – $5,000
Rhiannon Wright – Smith Valley High School
Dan Rechenmacher Memorial Scholarship Recipient – $5,000
Carla Hernandez-Vasquez – Reed High School
Scholarships Awarded… $887,500….Thanks to you!
“Thank you” to the hundreds of people who continue to support Josh’s Memorial Foundation. With the continued support, the Foundation has awarded $887,500 in scholarships to 297 Northern Nevada high school students over the last 26 years. Scholarships have been awarded to students from thirty-three (33) different high schools.
2019 Scholarship applications are due by April 5, 2019.
Click here for complete scholarship details.
The Foundation will continue to award the DAN RECHENMACHER MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP ($5,000) that will go to the student who has overcome great odds to enter college and the LARRY MENANTE MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP ($5,000) that puts emphasis on “financial need”.