Welcome to the Joshua L. Anderson Memorial Foundation
The Joshua L Anderson Memorial Foundation was founded September 1, 1992. Its purpose is to help provide scholarships to Northern Nevada high school baseball and softball players who desire a college education.
Latest News – 2021
Joshua L. Anderson Memorial Foundation awards $55,500 in College Scholarships to 15 Northern Nevada high school athletes.
2021 Scholarship Recipients… $3,500 each
- AnnJoLee Field – Virginia City High School
- Bryson Horton – McQueen High School
- Maycee La Fleur – Smith Valley High School
- Amaya Mendeguia – Carson High School
- Kobe Morgan – Carson High School
- Ashlynn Newkirk – Battle Mountain High School
- Elliotte Phinney – Galena High School
- Ty Polson – Damonte High School
- Matthew Revels – Galena High School
- Landon Scarlata – Mineral County High School
- Jacob Williamson – Galena High School
- Taylor Wulfing – Smith Valley High School
- Gavin Zappe – Reed High School
Larry Menante Memorial Scholarship Recipient – $5,000
Alexis Schweer – Elko High School
Dan Rechenmacher Memorial Scholarship Recipient – $5,000
Kyleigh Mendes – Fernley High School
“Thank you” to the hundreds of people who continue to support Josh’s Memorial Foundation. With the continued support, the Foundation has awarded $1,040,000 in scholarships to 338 Northern Nevada high school students over the last 29 years. Scholarships have been awarded to students from thirty-three (33) different high schools.
2022 Scholarship applications are due by April 8, 2022.
Click here for complete scholarship details.
The Foundation will continue to award the DAN RECHENMACHER MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP ($5,000) that will go to the student who has overcome great odds to enter college and the LARRY MENANTE MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP ($5,000) that puts emphasis on “financial need”.